The German Bundesliga is slated to resume on 16th May 2020, as the Spanish La Liga, Italian Serie A and the English Premier League are expected to be back in June. The Belgian Pro League, French Ligue 1 and Netherlands Leagues were cancelled indefinitely.
FIFA has insisted that games will only be played in a safe environment, meaning season 2019/2020 will be allowed to conclude behind closed doors. It is also expected that much of 2020/2021 season will be played in empty stadiums.
However, there are new shortterm rules formulated to ensure players and staff safety when attempting to finalize the season.
1. 5 substitutions allowed instead of the usual 3
2. 23 players selected for match day squads
3. Temperature checks for everyone entering the stadiums
4. Teams travelling by bus to use two buses
5. No handshakes
6. No VAR
7. Yellow cards for spitting on the field
8. Yellow cards for removing shirt while celebrating
9. No group celebration
10. Change of kits at halftime